Monday, September 26, 2011

jobs, travels, and birthdays

The last three jobs I've had I've only lasted three months each. Is that bad? I'm going to go with no. One was a summer job, one was a semester job and my last one was a starter job. Now that doesn't sound so bad! I was lucky enough to find a pretty good job out here in Iowa fairly quickly. I was a receptionist that had a few other responsibilities but nothing to crazy. I learned some good stuff about insurance but most of the time I felt like I was wasting away. I decided to keep looking and found an orthodontic office that was hiring. I worked for an orthodontist as a senior in high school and loved it. So I went over and met the doctor and staff and got a tour of their amazing office. It is seriously so cool. By the time I left I desperately wanted the job. I kept going back and then I got the job!! I will start in two weeks and I can't wait. I'll be in both the front office and back office. Hopefully they'll train me to be an assistant too!

Also, my 21st birthday is in two weeks! Whooo hooo! I love birthdays. My mommy was so kind and decided to fly me back to AZ for my birthday weekend. I'll be at the pool, getting my hair done, shopping and going to my favorite restaurant. It'll be great. I'm so excited to see my family and I get to see my cute little brother play football. It'll be an awesome weekend except that I'll be away from my sweetie for the first time since we've been married. I will miss you my hubby but I'm so excited for this much needed getaway.
I love my crazy family!

1 comment:

Taylor Ann said...

families are the greatest! and visits to home are as well :) cute blog, Alissa!