Sunday, October 16, 2011

21!

I love birthday's and this past week was full of them. I turned 21 on the 9th and my little sisters turned 15 and 17 on the 12th and 15th. I can hardly believe how old everyone is getting!
My trip home was amazing! Filled with more shopping than I've done in months combined  with delicious food that may have added a few lbs to my figure, I'd say it was a success. (Thank you mommy!) It was wonderful to see my family and spend a short weekend with them. I got to see my cute brother play football with his undefeated team too. I got my hair done by Tim who is amazing and was able to see one of my best friends from BYU. My birthday dinner was at Oreganos where we got cheesy bread, salad, wings, pasta, multiple types of pizza, and it wouldn't be complete without the original pizzookie! All was to share of course and it was so good.

Since we did some damage shopping over the weekend, and I found some things at home to bring back to Iowa my suitcase was twice as heavy going back. When I checked in at the airport it was five pounds over the limit. So I did what I had to do and pulled out all my new shoes (and some old) and stuffed them in my purse and the already filled bag I was carrying on! Shoes and heels where spilling out of my purse. On the upside, I got cold on the plane and there was an easily accessible pair of boots!

It was good to come back home to Justin who took me out to dinner the next weekend to Biaggi's. It was a first for us but it was also delicious. (look and that dessert!) Thanks Justin for letting me go play for a weekend and treating me to a great birthday dinner! He also got me an awesome waterbottle, the 20 minute insanity workout (which really is insane), and two of my favorite movies: Two Weeks Notice and A Knights Tale.
It was a great birthday!

1 comment:

Clark and Sheila Hansen Family said...

Alissa, I love your blog. I'm so glad you had such a fun time at home for your birthday. We loved having you here even if it was only for 2.5 days. Thanks Justin for letting Alissa come home for the weekend. We love you both! Love, Dad.