Friday, September 14, 2012

As of late...

Ok so I haven't blogged in ages! Justin and I have now lived in Iowa for over a year and he is taking his first part of the four part National Board tests. He really is becoming a doctor! I finally got my certification as a dental assistant. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!
 This summer we went with my family to St. Thomas (I'll share pictures of paradise later) and it was amazing. I love that place but loved being with my family even more. We all have so much fun together and even Justin and Chaz become the older/younger brothers they never had! Justin's Mom and Dad were able to come out to Davenport for different reasons but we were able to see them too. It is just so nice to be with family.

I have a new calling in the ward. Yes, that makes my fifth calling since being here. I am now the Young Woman's president! It is a little scary for me and half the time I have no idea what I'm doing but I love being with the girls. I still feel like I fit right in. When I was in young women's I loved going and was excited if we had more than one activity in a week, but now I'm realizing how much work it is and how much my leaders actually did for me. I just hope I can be half as good as the leaders I had. Justin has a new calling as the Ward Executive Secretary so that keeps him pretty busy as well.

I signed up to take Humanities 202 from BYU independent study. I want and feel that it is important to finish my degree. Justin and I have worked it out so that I'll be able to go back and finish while we are living in Utah for a couple years. I just love BYU :)

Its almost my birthday again and I just cannot believe how fast time has gone by. Next thing I know we'll be moving back to Utah and then on to... who knows where.

No comments: