Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Pasta

It's warming up out here in Iowa and summer is just around the corner. I love summertime. The warm sun, green grass, and the smell of sunscreen all make me so happy inside.

As Justin and I were planing out our menu for this week we were trying to think of some good meals for warmer days. I had been thinking along the lines of a pasta salad and so we combined our ideas to make this refreshing yet filling pasta delight! One thing that I love is a colorful dinner plate and this dish is full of color.

Summer Pasta
1 package of your favorite cheese tortellini (cooked to package directions)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
1 cup broccoli (blanched)
1/2 an avocado
1/2 cup garbanzo beans
green onion
Parmesan cheese
"Good Seasons" Garlic Herb dressing
S&P

This was so good with the sweet tang of the cherry tomatoes to the creamy avocado, I just loved it and can't wait to make it again. Next time I think we'll add some grilled chicken and maybe try some lemon zest.


No comments: